Monday, February 8, 2016

[REVIEW] Identity and Sexuality Issue - Aristotle and Dante Discover The Secrets of The Univers

Book by Benjamin Alire Saenz

First thing first, I would like to say big thanks to Sarah Andjani for giving this book as my graduation gift, Sarjan if you’re reading this, THANK YOU!

Jauh sebelum temen aku kasih buku ini aku, I’ve heard a lot of things about this book. Terutama karena buku ini juga mendapat beberapa penghargaan (as seen on the cover). Cuman sebelumnya, aku kira buku ini agak berat dan aku lebih suka dengan buku yang ringan. Jadi aku nggak pernah kesampean untuk beli buku ini. Tapi ternyata buku ini sangat amatlah ringan dan mudah dipahami.

This book is beautifully written!!! So I won’t complain about how it got so many awards. However, I didn’t quite relate to this book. Sebelumnya, aku kasih tau aja bahwa buku ini tentang sexuality orientation (which I didn’t expect any of this until aku baca beberapa comments yang ditampilkan di buku ini mostly memang ngomongin tentang sexuality). Nah, despite I’m living in such modern ages where LGBT is pretty much everywhere, buku ini nggak memberikan aku blown away effect saat baca ini.

I did really enjoy this book because of Ari and Dante’s journey and its family issues, but I didn’t love this book as much as I wanted to. I put high expectation on this based on the awards, and the hype, and how people talked over this. Jadi pas selesai baca, yeah it’s good but it’s not THAT good. Secara keseluruhan, buku ini sangat ringan tapi pemilihan katanya bagus. I woud recommend this book because it’s still a beautiful and powerful book, but personally, I just don’t really love this book as much I thought I would do.

Rate: 3,7/5

XX

No comments:

Post a Comment